The Centre for Scientific Research and Middle East Strategic Studies (CSRMESS) was established in February 1988 in Tehran. This centre is the first institute in Iran that has focused its studies and research on the various aspects of the Middle East. The Centre is a United Nation’s registered NGO.This Centre pursues the following objectives:
- Multidimensional understanding of Iran’s immediate environment.
- Analysis of complex interactions between Iran and the Middle East.
- Understanding Middle East’s international politics and economics.
- Multidimensional analysis of Middle Eastern countries.
- Panel discussions on various Middle Eastern issues with both Iranian and non-Iranian scholars and specialists.
- A library complex specialising on the Middle East.
- A data-bank on the Middle East.
- Close collaboration with other Middle Eastern Research Centres in the region and outside of the region.
- Publication of a quarterly, books and papers series on the Middle East.